6.23.2008

Tree Planting

Look how big Baby Lucas is getting! My littlest host brother seems to be on the verge of talking and walking. This is how I eat avocados too, by the way, though I get less on my shirt and more on my face...

I went out tree planting with the community of Antiguo Xetinamit on Saturday. Ironically, reforestation work is largely comprised of chopping down the forest with machetes, as you clear space in the underbrush for the trees you wish to plant. I love to work with this particular village because the guys are a lot of fun. Here are a few of them monkeying around...

After several hours of machete-hacking fun, we got down to planting the little trees, including three different species. Here I am taking the plastic bag off the root ball right before planting:
That's all for now. Take care!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home